Hello beautiful people, How have you been? I’m back again with Let’s talk for this month! Oh god, this month is really full of dramas, It’s been a long time since I’ve had this much of on-going dramas! It’s just they are all fun to watch and I can’t find the strength to drop them hehe As usual I’ve binge watched a few dramas this month as well and I can’t wait to talk about them!!
Before I get started, I want to apologize about not being that active on my website, I haven’t posted any reviews or first impressions posts even though I have started watching a lot of drama in these few weeks, It’s just I’m currently busy with school, so all I can do is posting on twitter + watching drama and when I get time I translate the comments for you! Hopefully this will change after I finish my exams so please bear with me hehe
Okay now let’s stop rambling and start talking about this month dramas! YAY!
I. Dramas that I’m watching:
1. The Fiery Priest: (34/40)
This drama is seriously just good! It keeps getting better and better and more fun! You seriously don’t have to think about anything while watching it, It’s the best stress relief to me hehe I love how each character is important to the story and has a role in the development, no one is useless and everyone has it’s own story! Also believe me no one is normal in this drama lol and probably that’s why I love it. Last time I said the development was slow but lucky this past few weeks it picked up the pace and It’s going well. I’m really curious to see how everything will end, I hope justice is served and everyone gets its happy ending!
2. He is Psychometric: (10/16)
my current favorite drama! I can’t describe how much I love this drama! It has the romance, a little comedy and MYSTERY! It’s so well-written, well-acted and well-directed, I highly recommend everyone to watch it, believe me It’s worth your time!
I’m so curious about a lot of things when it comes to this drama and I have read a lot of theories that kinda made sense but not sure! the writer just keeps surprising us and we can’t predicted anything. I’m glad An and Jae In finally know the truth about their past even though that episode was so heartbreaking but I’m glad we got to deal with it sooner! I’m so curious about the night of the fire, who is the real culprit? how the hell is sung mo’s mother still alive? why at some point sung mo thought he can’t feel emotions? did his mother made him believe that? or did he do that on purpose so his mother doesn’t worry about him feeling pain when he was abused? who is that man? is it his father? why is he obsessed over jae in that he even kidnapped her? if he wants to get rid of the most precious person to sung moo, should that be lee an? too many questions that I truly wish they answer them all and wrap up the story nicely and please give everyone a happy ending especially sung mo and jisoo!!
3. Doctor Prisoner: (14/40)
Another brilliant drama! I’m telling you this month is just full of good dramas hehe there is a feeling of satisfaction whenever I finish watching this drama because it’s that GOOD! everyone is just smart especially Na Yi Je, that man just doesn’t back down and always out smart the others even in sticky situations! To be honest at first i wasn’t feeling this drama, yes the acting is beyond amazing but I thought the revenge story won’t get me to stay for too long and it will just get repetitive and draggy but as the drama goes as it just keeps getting better! I love that in each episode we get a counterattack from one of the leads with such unpredictable twists! I’m so curious to see who will win in the end? will Na Ye Je seriously take them all down?
4. Kill It: (06/12)
Everyone is really obsessed with this drama but I’m honestly watching it just for the leads lol The storyline is a bit messy and I don’t blame the writer for this but mostly the editing and directing! It’s like they skip some events and explanations which I get that they are trying to build this climax and then tell us everything at the end but it somehow lacks excitement, the only think I’m excited to know about is the shocking bomb they dropped on us in episode 5 other than that It’s just ‘meh’ to me, It’s a little predictable as well. I also hate how they do the slow-motion whenever Nana & Jang Ki Yong meet, like I get it they are pretty lol
5. Confession: (06/16)
It’s sad how this drama is not getting the attention that it deserves! I get the subs come out late but I really hope more people will watch it! It definitely keeps getting better as It goes and It got even more interesting after Lee Jun Ho & Yoo Jae Myung started working together. All cases we have seen have lead up to one case which means they have a complicated connection and I’m glad they’re finally starting to dig in more! Madam Jin is somehow suspicious, if she is the mother of the dead prosecutor, the one who gave his heart to Choi Do Hyun, why is she following and helping Choi Do Hyun? like what’s the purpose of this? also who is she really? if she is a doctor why did she quit and joined choi do hyun as an assistant? I’m really curious about her character more than about his father’s case lol
6. Beautiful World: (03/16)
This is the most hard drama to watch! don’t get me wrong, the acting, the story, the directing everything is so good but It’s so heavy since it’s cover such a sensitive/realistic topic! It’s really frustrating and heartbreaking! I think we all know that Sun Ho didn’t committed suicide and probably everyone knows that but the disgusting adults and powerful people are just trying to cover it! I hated the moms and the school administration in episode 3, I can’t believe all they cared about was their sons/the bullies grades, future and they didn’t even care or feel sorry for the victim! It’s truly heartbreaking to see the family mostly the mother trying so hard to find out the truth! Joon Seok is seriously being raised into a monster, he is 14~15 but able to lie and fake tears easily with no guilt, also I’m sure he is the one who pushed sun ho and his mother help him escape, but the question is who took his phone and diary and why? what was the purpose of sending the video to the parents? I sometimes want to drop it because as I said it’s frustrating and I’m crying every minute but I’m staying to know the truth + I love the cast!
7. Special Labor Inspector Jo: (04/32)
I wasn’t expecting much when I decided to watch this drama, I only watched because I love Kim Dong Wook & Kim Kyung Nam but the first episodes turned out to be so fun! It was a really easy and fun watch! The content is really deep and heavy as It talks how the rich live above the law but It’s being told in such a light & fun way! Kim Dong Wook’s character is so cute and I can’t wait to see him take down the villains with the help of Kim Kyung Nam. Some character we only got to see a glance of them in each episode and they are still somehow a mystery so I can’t wait to find out more about them especially Ryu Deok Hwan’s character
8. Her Private Life: (02/16)
Ever since I read the story and saw the teasers I knew this one will be childish but I still decided to check it out for the leads + It’s Kim Jae Wook’s first lead in a rom-com how can I miss that? I wasn’t feeling the first episode that much, there were some fun scenes but others were a little boring to me however the second episode was much better and more fun, I truly enjoyed it! It’s a good light drama that you can watch whenever you feel down, the comedy elements don’t feel too forced which is good. My favorite character has to be her bestfriend hehe I really need someone like her in my life where she book a suite room when I feel down and get me a job at her coffee when I get fired + she is full of wisdom lol I really hope It stays fun till the end even though the story is predictable and I don’t see how they will stretch the plot to fit a 16-episode drama but let’s just wait and see 🙂
II. Dramas I have dropped/On-hold:
- Eulachacha Waikiki 2: I don’t know If I have officially dropped it or It’s just on-hold but I know that I’m not currently in the mood for it! I enjoyed the first episode but the second was just ‘meh’ I didn’t find it that funny or fresh + I felt that we had a similar situation/episode in the first season so It felt like it lacked some originality! I may binge watch it later when its finished and more people praise it hehe
III. Dramas that will air this month and I’m excited to watch:
1. My First First Love:
Is it April 18 yet?! You guys have no idea how much I look forward to this drama, I’m seriously dying to binge watch it. I’m also praying to god that Jisoo will get the girl, I need my boy to finally be happy + I hope for a kissing scene, am i asking for too much? lol
PLOT: Due to various personal reasons, a group of Yun Tae Oh (Ji Soo)’s friends move into his house, where they experience love, friendship, and everything in between.
2. Nokdu Flower:
As you guys know me I’m not a big fan of sageuk dramas but this drama seems to be different in terms where It’s not about fighting over the throne & politics but more about the people and battles, which I enjoy these type of dramas such as Rebel *one of my favorite dramas* + look at that cast, how can I not watch it? I really hope it doesn’t disappoint!
PLOT: This drama tells the story of two half-brothers from separate mothers but share the same father who both fight on opposite sides in the Battle of Ugeumchi that took place in 1894 during the Donghak Peasant Revolution.
3. History3: Trap:
I know I know It’s not a korean drama but IM SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS!!! I seriously screamed when I watched the teasers and I CAN NOT WAIT to watch it! History stories and production just keeps getting better with each season + we are getting 20 episodes this time!! I seriously can’t wait!!!
PLOT: The cooperation between police and the people create a harmonious new society. Police who are filled with justice are turned into the personal protection for gangsters. But one police officer who is supposed to be a bodyguard falls into the sweet trap of the underworld, as he develops feelings for the son of a gang leader.
III . Drama that i have finished watching + My rating (from ⭐️ to ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Drunk in Good Taste (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): It was a cute and fluffy short-drama, the leads were so cute and their height difference was just everything! However as much as I enjoyed it, I felt the story wasn’t complete yet. The leads got their happy ending but what about the supporting characters? they were just left like that with so many questions unanswered
- Discipline (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): It was a more realistic webdrama that I truly enjoyed except the ending, It was so rushed and I just wished we got more of them but I still recommend watching it 🙂
- Kiss Me Again (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): I’ve watched only PeteKao cuts and there story was really good! I loved how Kao wasn’t afraid to express his true feelings and put himself first and making it clear to Pete that he can’t play with him or with his feelings. It was truly refreshing to see a character that put their needs and feelings first!
- Great Men Academy (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): I just finished this one yesterday and It’s totally my favorite! I wasn’t expecting much when I first started watching it but I ended up loving it + I become a fan of the actor who plays Tangmo! The acting was really good especially Love’s. I seriously cried with him in every scene lol Tangmo & Love were the cutest, I seriously smiled like an idiot while watching their scenes and I’m so happy they ended up together. I love her brother as well, they were siblings goals hehe Overall, It was such a good and fun drama to watch and I highly recommend everyone to check it out!
- Good Doctor (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): This drama was so sweet, touching and I don’t think there was an episode where I didn’t cry but I really loved and enjoyed watching it! The acting was so good even the children’s! each story was beautifully told and was so heartwarming + the ost was really soothing. I actually enjoyed this version more than the american. It was more similar to the original yet still had its own feeling! However, I felt like they didn’t conclude the story nicely, it was a bit rushed at the end, maybe there will be a 2nd season? *i hope*
- Kahogo no Kahoko (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): This was such a good and cute drama to watch. Kahoko is a very adorable and naive, the actress did an amazing job portraying her! her expressions were so cute! the romance part was so pure and heart fluttering! the leads totally had such an amazing chemistry. Her father was my favorite character, he was just the funniest, I loved whenever he start to describe the family members as animals or when he start to imagine what to say & they suddenly disappear lol Overall, this drama was a lesson of life and full of wisdom in a light and cute way. I highly recommend watching it! I also watched the special episode but it was just ‘meh’ I mean there was nothing new about it but the acting was still so good!
- Oh! My Emperor (⭐️⭐️⭐️): I totally enjoyed watching the first season, it was so cute and funny and I was glad youtube recommend it for me but sadly I didn’t enjoy the second season that much and I had to dropped it! It kinda got draggy…
- The Night of the Comet (⭐️⭐️⭐️): Another drama that youtube recommended it and I don’t get what was the point of this one lol It started well but it was just ‘meh’ I only applause the actor for doing an amazing job acting 2 different characters which he totally nailed! other than that It wasn’t really that fun
V. Variety Shows:
Unfortunately I didn’t get the time to watch any variety shows lately…
I think that’s it for this month, I hope I didn’t forget anything hehe If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments. Also don’t forget to tell me which dramas/Variety shows are you watching and which drama are you looking forward to watch this month.
See you guys in the comments section 💕
– NetizenDrama; Nina