Hello beautiful people, How have you been? I’m back again with Let’s talk for this month! So many dramas have started and I got myself addicted to BL dramas (BL = Boys Love), so I really have a lot to talk about today hehe
Before I started talking about dramas, I wanted to thank you for all your support whether it’s here or on my twitter account! Last time I thanked you for 18k followers and now I want to thank you for 19k followers! It’s really crazy!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Also can you believe It’s been 2 years since I created NetizenDrama!! I will try my best to keep translating and updating you with all the latest news! Once again, Thank you so much for all your love and support ❤️
I. Dramas that I’m watching:
1. The Last Empress – Empress Dignity: (42/52)
I honestly still don’t know if this drama is in my currently watching or dropped list..I mean I haven’t watched the last 3 episodes and I’m really not in the mood to watch it especially after they added 4 more episodes and Choi Jin Hyuk has stepped down from the drama but then again I have reached this far, it’s a waste to drop it! But I have to say this drama started really good but it got way too dragging and makjang! Also I just don’t like how the writer keeps listening to the viewers, she first chose Na Wang Sik because people demanded more scenes for him and Oh Sunny and now she chose the emperor because netizens wants him to end up happy!
Please encourage me to finish watching it hehe
2. The Crowned Clown: (11/16)
Some people though I dropped this drama because I didn’t writer my usual reviews or tweet about it! which I apologize for that I was a little busy however I could never drop this drama! So much happening in each episode yet It doesn’t really feel draggy! I usually don’t like sageuk drama because they tend to mostly focus on politics in such a serious and predictable way but strangely this drama makes it fun for me and you can never guess what will happen next! Other than Yeo Jin Goo’s brilliant acting, Royal Chief Secretary’s character is kinda my favorite, I just love how smart he is and how he is always one step ahead! Can’t wait to see how things will go but I have to say *Spoilers* I really hate that they killed off the real king!
3. Romance Is A Bonus Book: (8/16)
I’m really in love with this drama! It’s not the typical romcom! Yes, the love story is predictable but the concept is just so fresh and unique. It’s like a slice of life, It touch on a lot of realistic topics. The leads are cute and their chemistry is so good and other characters and their stories are also so interesting. I truly look forward to what will happen next, I loved the ladies’ talk in the last episode and can’t wait for their friendship to grow! Also finally Eun Ho confessed his love so I can’t wait to see how their relationship will go and lastly thank you writer for putting Song Hae Rin and Ji Seo Joon together which means everyone will be getting their love and happiness *i hope*
4. The Light in Your Eyes: (3/12)
This drama was surprisingly good! I loved the first episodes, I really didn’t expect it to have this type of comedy however episode 2 and 3 were kinda depressing, there is still funny scenes here and there thanks to Son Ho Joon but the rest was just too emotional! This doesn’t mean i’m not enjoying the drama it’s just I hope we get back to that light mood we got in the first episode! So far the drama is good and I feel we will be getting an important message after we finish watching it! I really can’t wait to see how things will unfold, how Kim Hye Ja will get back to her young self and what will happen to her relationship with Lee Joon Ha! Also I have to say the actress Kim Hye Ja is just so cute hehe
5. Item: (6/32)
This drama is the biggest disappointment! I mean I’m still watching it out of love for Ju Ji Hoon, which this is his comeback to dramaland after almost 4 years (Yes he had Kingdom but that’s different lol) and Kim Kang Woo which I honestly wished he would rise to fame with this project! The story is interesting, It’s a new concept and I’m really curious about the Items and where did they come from, However, the directing makes it seems boring. I have to say Episode 5-6 had a little of excitement and tension so i really hope it gets better! Also I loved the uncle-niece relationship but they just had to break our hearts like that!!!
6. Trap: (3/7)
The suspense and excitement that I was looking forward to in ‘Item’ I thankfully found it in this drama! This show just keeps getting more interesting with each episode, It’s fast-paced probably because It only have 7 episodes, So I really hope they can uncover everything, I really don’t want it to become like ‘Missing Noir M’ were they give us an open ending with a cliffhanger but that drama never got to see the light again (I will never forgive OCN). So far so good, I can’t wait to see how things will end up!
7. The Fiery Priest: (4/40)
This drama was as good as I expected to be! The first episodes were a good introduction to the character, It had comedy, excitement and action, basically all my favorite genres in one hehe I’m so curious to see how will a priest, a detective and a prosecutor will come together to solve a case! Also I forgot to mention this in my review, i’m really looking forward to Kim Won Hae’s character!
8. When We Were Young: (17/24)
This is not a kdrama but cdrama and I’m loving it!!! the leads are killing me with their cuteness! the story and the friendship is so good. I love how each episode end up with a good message HOWEVER, a lot of people on twitter have made me pause this drama for a sec since they told me it’s not a happy ending but mostly realistic! I really hope I find the strength to finish it because I’m really loving it and I don’t think my heart can handle seeing these two not together!
II. Dramas I have dropped/On-hold:
- My Strange Hero – Boyfriend: In my last Let’s Talk segment I said I will try and catch up with these dramas but unfortunately I couldn’t so I just had to drop them hehe
- Top Star Yoo Baek: This drama is still on-hold for me, It’s a cute and light drama and I really want to finish watching it!
- Touch Your Heart: I love Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na, their chamestry is so good too but this drama is a no for me or at least for now, a lot have told me that it got better after the first episodes so I may binge watch it later but for now I’m dropping it!
III . Drama that i have finished watching + My rating (from ⭐️ to ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Memories Of The Alhambra (⭐️⭐️): A waste of good cinematography, good/fresh/unique concept, good acting and cast! The writer seriously ruined everything with her messed up writing! I think this is the last time I will be watching her work, I will either wait till it finish airing and see people’s reviews or just not watch it at all! I think we had enough with this and W.
- Hip Hop Teacher (⭐️⭐️⭐️): I watched it this only for Lee Joo Young! It wasn’t bad but It wasn’t that good either, thankfully It only had 2-episodes hehe
- Kingdom (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): I finished this drama in one sitting! If you love Ju Ji Hoon and you are not fond of his new drama ‘Item’ then I highly recommend you to watch this! be careful, It’s a little scary. The story is a slow-burn but it’s worth it, I really can’t wait for Season 2 that ending just keeps me wanting more!!
- Sky Castle (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): Probably the only drama I’ve finished watching but I didn’t write a review about. It’s just I didn’t know what to say! I couldn’t find the words to describe this drama or say something without giving out spoilers! This was definitely a masterpiece and I truly enjoyed watching it! From the story to acting and to directing, It was perfect! Some didn’t enjoy the ending but I surprisingly didn’t hate it, yes there were cringy/unrealistic moments but I still liked it! *spoilers* Kim Hye Na is really the most pitiful character but her death helped some characters change and grow which I loved it!
- Clean With Passion For Now (⭐️⭐️⭐️): The drama started well, had potential but everything went downhill in the middle + It they took way too many breaks which made me lose interest. I finished only because of the leads especially Yoon Kyun Sang! I hope he gets cast in another drama soon!
- Love By Chance (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️) : The drama that started all! I came across a fan made video on youtube and I decided to check the drama out and I just fell in love lol The drama was so good, Ae & Pete are just the cutest but my favorite were Tin & Can which I hope they get a second season so they can have their happy ending! My only complain about this drama is it had too many couples that the development seemed a little rushed!
- Sotus: The Serie (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): LOVED this one! probably one of the purest relationships! Arthit is just too cute when he gets shy yet he is the bad boy in this show lol I really need to check out Sotus S.
- Together With Me (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): Probably the wildest BL drama I’ve watch! the leads are just beasts which i liked it hehe Knock got on my nerves so many times to the point i didn’t feel sorry for him when he cried and probably this is why I gave it 4 stars rather than 5! the girlfriend story was just too frustrating!
- 2 Moons The Series(⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️) : This drama was also so cute! I wish I can pinch Wayo’s cheeks hehe I really needed more after that ending but they said season 2 will have different cast *crying*
- Addicted (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): It’s been weeks since I finished watching this drama yet I still find myself watching some of their scenes again, that’s how addicted I’m! Their chemistry was so good, I hate that they banned this drama, I really hope they make season 2 happen no matter! I will wait even after 10 years!!!
- History Season 1 (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): All the stories were good but ‘Obsessed’ was my favorite, the actor who played Jin Teng was so good at acting!! My least favorite is ‘My Hero’, I just didn’t like how the girl was controlling the boy’s body even though the two guys had their happy ending, I just didn’t enjoy it much!
- History Season 2 (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): Both series were so good! you can feel the difference in production compared to season 1. ‘Crossing the Line’ was a cute school drama, It was well written and well acted! I’m so happy that we will be getting a second season, I hope they focus more on the brothers’ couple, they were so cute! ‘Right Or Wrong’ probably had the happiest ending out of all the bls I have watched! It was pure and sweet and didn’t have that big drama! I can’t wait for Season 3!
- Ossan’s Love (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️): My first Japanese drama! This drama was so funny, I still can’t forget Haruta’s expressions lol The story was enjoyable, not predictable, romantic and well done!
V. Variety Shows:
- Coffee Friends: I haven’t watch the show for a while now but I’m still loving it, It’s so calming and fun to watch!
- Knowing Bros: I’m only watching the show depending on the guest *unfortunately*
I think that’s it for this month, I hope I didn’t forget anything hehe If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments. Also don’t forget to tell me which dramas/Variety shows are you watching and which drama are you looking forward to watch this month.
See you guys in the comments section 💕
– NetizenDrama; Nina